Altares is a member of Dun & Bradstreet’s World Wide Network and was created in 2006 as a result of the merger between BIL (Base d’Informations Légales) and Dun & Bradstreet France. In 2016, Altares acquired the Dun & Bradstreet’s Benelux business to expand it’s European footprint. In addition it acquired the license for Magreb and has since created the Inforisk business in Casablanca.
Altares is under the ownership of Naxicap Partners – a leading provider of equity financing. Together with our new investors, we strive to more than double the size of our business in the years ahead making this a very exciting time for our business and team.
In this perspective Altares Benelux as of now is looking for a new Business Development Strategist who strengthens their BD team and enables the organisation to grow in new markets, with new offerings, services and product –solutions.
Objective and key-tasks
Business Development’s main objective is to explore and develop new Enterprise and Large Potential clients, offerings and complex solutions (other than COTS) and pave the way for long term growth.
Through new ideas and initiatives, it aims to improve the overall business prospects, It is not sales, it is not marketing, it is not partnering. Instead, it is the eco-system encompassing the entire business and its various divisions, driving overall growth.
- Co-create business development strategy together with the BD Lead you will set out the plan, pace and objectives to make the formulated main objective possible;
- Execute the BD strategy Meaning you will independently execute the BD programs and projects, together with other D&B departments and D&B’s designated customers and prospects, and in strong alignment with the sales team;
- Educate the BD program Both internally as well as externally you will have to explain and so to speak ‘sell’ Business Development. Furthermore in due course D&B will hire a BD-apprentice, whom you will coach;
You are / have
- A trusted C – and C minus 1- level sparring partner, with a ten years plus proven track-record in strategic thinking and international business development
- An ambassador for Dun& Bradstreet and its almost infinite possibilities when it comes to business data
- Humble, sharp-witted, an outright team-player and relationship builder with a long-term focus – both internally as well as externally
- Able to obtain a thorough understanding of the fundamental drivers of D&B’s business (quick and profound analytical skills), its customers, partners and (potential) adversaries
- An up to date network in, and knowledge of B2B technology-based businesses in BeNeLux: eCommerce, FinTech, software (incl. SaaS) solution providers, IoT (Internet of Things), Blockchain.
- Focus on growing the pie instead of growing D&B’s part in the current pie
- A problem solver, optimistic and constructive, a self-starter, creative and always curious
- Calm and collected, but convincing and passionate about new possibilities.
- Stamina and a can do mentality
- Passionate about coaching young talent
- Fluent in English and Dutch; French is an advantage
In the Netherlands Altares D&B Benelux is located at the exciting “Kop van Zuid”, Rotterdam in the modern Montevideo-tower where approx. 120 colleagues work for almost every large Dutch based company. A young and modern management team. Enthusiastic team-players: creative and specialised in their segments of business, and a new league of team members to support the success of Altares D&B’s customers
Do you think you are the perfect candidate for this position? And would you like to work at Altares? Fill in our form and we will contact you as soon as possible.